• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer Case Parts

dutsmiller

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of swapping out my 231 for a 242 and am doing an RE HnT at the same time. I decided to open it up, remove the output shaft and take it to a machine shop as opposed to cutting/tapping it myself. It took a friend and I about 2 hours to get everything apart (stupid slinger, snap rings and needle bearings) and in doing so, we noticed a few pieces we'd like to replace when we put it back together. Basically, what I need is part numbers for:

1. "Slinger" that goes on the rear output shaft
2. Rear output shaft seal
3. Rubber washer that's behind the front output yoke
4. Snap ring kit (if such a thing exists)

If anyone has done this before and remembers those part numbers, I'd really apprecaite the help.

TIA

-Tim

You can buy an np242 rebuild kit pretty cheap that has that stuff, and new bearings. Might as well do it all right the first time?

I can't remember where I found the rebuild kits for sale when I looked, but they shoudlnt be very hard to find.

Back