• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine cranks, but no start

Intense98neon

NAXJA Forum User
A few weeks ago I sucked some water and mud into my motor when it was idling, and the motor just died.
DSC02776.jpg

I have since then put new rings, bearings, gaskets, plugs and wires on the Jeep. I finished it last night and tried to start it, but with no luck. The Jeep tries really hard, and sounds like its going to start but doesn't. I have checked the spark and fuel, and they are both there... what am I missing?

Thanks,

Brad

Distributor is most likely 180 out.

So you hydrolocked it. Its always good to remember the airbox on the left side, so if you get in that deep, (I got stuck that deep last weekend, except luckily it was the right side that deep), its always better to shut it off. Nothing there bigger to pull you out than the atv's? I know a guy who sucked in some water a couple weeks ago and hydrolocked his, and he ended up getting another engine, and a snorkel. Good luck man.

I have not yet checked compression... what should it be at?

Yeah they used another Jeep and a buggie to pull me out, they just wanted to try with the ATVs.

It looks like the distributer will only go on one way... is this correct?

Brad

Yes the dist goes in only one way....its the rotor button that you have to set during installation for proper timing.Search for distributor indexing,you'll find what you need.

Back