• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PROB WITH REAR LEAFS

elephantrider1

NAXJA Forum User
K I know this is going to be another flex pic showcase prob but i have to know if there is anything i can do about my rear not flexing worth a crap.I took a set of 4 1/2 rough country leaf packs cutt off the eyes from the top leaf and added them to my stock xj top leaf sort of a basterd pack but anyway it doesnt flex at all.I have no sway bars and 1 shock cmon it should do something.
2yzj0p2.jpg

2wnz0px.jpg

4cimlnl.jpg

It isn't called Rough Country for nothing. Its probably because they are too stiff, how many leafs are in that pack? Take out a leaf or two and I'm sure they will flex better.

Jason-RJR said:
looks like they have a decent amount of arch...archier springs don't flex as well.

X2 try to loose a leaf and add a 1" block

I know people SAY blocks are bad BUTT, when used properly they can help alot

Rough Country leafs do not flex on their own .. so you added to a pack that doesnt flex.

Pull the RC main leaf out and see what happens. If necessary, pull one more leaf out (not the next down, but maybe the one after that).

Like someone above said, a 1" block of necessary won't hurt. Your springs arent moving enough to really wrap bad, and 1" of block wont cause horrible wrap. I wheeled the snot out of my jeep with a 1" block in the rear under a bastard pack before buying good leafs ..

but, your working with rough country gear, so don't expect too much. :)

While this may not solve his problem, what are your thoughts on greasing in between the leafs? I saw this on a show that was restoring a 65' Corvette. I would think that it would provide less friction, so if the leaf is able to flex, it will flex a lot easier.

I think that grease + dust + dirt sounds messy.

I use graphite spray between my leafs.

Back