• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front coil question

lapisxj

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have 4.5" coils and a 1.75" coil spring spacer. It flexes pretty well but would I gain anything by going to a 6.5" coil? Pro's, Cons, doesn't matter?

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but thinking about it logically:

I would think it would matter for the compression, but I don't know how much. If you count the number of "coils" in 1.75, then measure how tall each "coil" is then add em up you should get how much more compression you would get from the new coils.

Plus you could sell me your used coils :)

My bad dude, I misread the post (it actually looks different then from when I read it first). I thought he was at 4.5 and was wondering if he should go with a 1.75 spacer or new coil.

Any more thoughts on this?

I have a buddy that has RE 5.5" TJ coils that sits too high for his taste. We're going to try and swap my 4.5" coils into his TJ to drop it down a bit and I'll try his 5.5" springs with a .75" coil spring spacer and see how it does.

We can always change it back out later.

you will see about a .000012" increase in flex depending on the rest of your suspension setup.

lapisxj said:
Any more thoughts on this?

I have a buddy that has RE 5.5" TJ coils that sits too high for his taste. We're going to try and swap my 4.5" coils into his TJ to drop it down a bit and I'll try his 5.5" springs with a .75" coil spring spacer and see how it does.

We can always change it back out later.

5.5" tj coils will net about 4.5" on an xj.

and xj 4.5" coils will net about 5.5" on a tj

Back