• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric fan in, wierd electrical bugs?

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
I wasn't getting the proper cooling w/the stock fan setup so I got rid of the belt-driven fan and replaced it w/an electric fan from a Saab 900 Turbo and left the factory electric fan.

First I had the fan wired to the ignition-on wire that runs thru the dash that controls the radio but then I noticed that the radio would stay on until the fan spooled down so then I wired it to the ignition-on wire under the hood that conects to the ECM (yellow wire) and now after I shut the truck off it keeps running for a few seconds then shuts off. The only thing I can think of is that when power to the fan is killed the electric motor in the fan acts like a generator for a few seconds until the fan stops spinning, does this sound about right?

sounds very correct, mine do that when im washing the heep or if i spin one with air? dont ask i was bored, but yeah one or both will act like generators. I think if you use a diode it wont send current back up the line(not really certain)

:cool: I looked at what wire to use today.:repair:

:attom: I powered my relay off the blue/white wire that comes off the fuel pump relay.:laugh3:
:eeks1: That way the fan will run when the engin is running.:yelclap:

Tugboat369 said:
Did you use a relay? A relay will isolate the power from the rest of the circut.
This is the setup that I used and all hook up's are under the hood.
Twin Fan's

such file does not exist.... =)

I had the same issue. My fix was a simple $10 soilinod and whired it up so when I get power from the ignition to the trigger wire, the fan clicked on.

Rick

Back