• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cooling problem?? Maybe

ssjkakkarotx

NAXJA Forum User
This may not even be a problem. Over the summer I installed a new water pump , radiator and hoses cause my Jeep was always overheating. It got to the point where I just ran it without a thermostat for awhile and even then it would boil over occasionally. I finally found the issue and fixed it. So here is the deal now. I am running a 190* thermostat , the engine will heat to 190 than as the thermo open it drops back 1 increment on the guage, re heats and does the same. Does anyone elses Jeep do this????? It doesn't stay on a fixed temp. Could this harm my motor? is this a sign that I might have too much cooling capability now (never thought I would say that)

ssjkakkarotx said:
This may not even be a problem. Over the summer I installed a new water pump , radiator and hoses cause my Jeep was always overheating. It got to the point where I just ran it without a thermostat for awhile and even then it would boil over occasionally. I finally found the issue and fixed it. So here is the deal now. I am running a 190* thermostat , the engine will heat to 190 than as the thermo open it drops back 1 increment on the guage, re heats and does the same. Does anyone elses Jeep do this????? It doesn't stay on a fixed temp. Could this harm my motor? is this a sign that I might have too much cooling capability now (never thought I would say that)

How long of a trip or time running have you noticed this on? I drive to work and mine does the same thing a few times. When I'm out wheeling in the snow it maintains itself all day long... Being that it's cold here it wouldn't surprise me if yours does it several times and it's just not getting to an even temp.

It seems to do it when driving back n 4th to work bout 4 miles and around town. I haven't taken it out on a long trip or wheeled with it yet since fixing her. I am gonna drive it down to Nisqually in the next few day and see if it still does it.

ssjkakkarotx said:
It seems to do it when driving back n 4th to work bout 4 miles and around town. I haven't taken it out on a long trip or wheeled with it yet since fixing her. I am gonna drive it down to Nisqually in the next few day and see if it still does it.

Cool. Give that a shot and see how it turns out. That's what mine does during a trip that size.

Back