• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hand brake. Mod to foot e-brake?

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys.

Well, ive been thinking about what to do in the project jeep, ive been wanting to try to put a bench seat in one for some time now, but havent gotten around to trying it, so today i found a bench that would fit perfectly if the ebrake werent there. I anticipated as much, and figured there would be some way to mod a foot ebrake like that of a wrangler.
Has any one done this, or know how,
ill probably just look under my friends YJ to see how his is set up and just buy the assembly.

for now i can just keep it in park, i just wont park on any hills.
any body have any ideas on how/if this is possible

go and find one from an MJ. Mine has a foot brake.
You'll need the footbrake assembly, and there's a cable that runs under the drivers side seat and under the carpet to the center console. Grab those two parts and it should be pretty much bolt in.

if you want to see how it looks, go to the picture forum and check out my project. the 150 dollar one. so far its only up to 250 including all new fluids.
i just installed the bench, it looks pretty good (though it needs a damned good cleaning)

87manche said:
go and find one from an MJ. Mine has a foot brake.
You'll need the footbrake assembly, and there's a cable that runs under the drivers side seat and under the carpet to the center console. Grab those two parts and it should be pretty much bolt in.

He didn't say what year, but his profile says 1994. I'm not sure if an MJ e-brake setup would be a bolt-on or not.

Back