• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best lift for me???

idahoduk

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a lift for my Jeep. I don't do any rock crawling right now since it's flat in Southern Texas but I'm in the Military so who knows where I'm going next. I have a 91 2door 4.0L AX15 Jeep. Currently has a few inches of lift, like 2 or 3. I want to cut my fenders as well. I was considering a 4.5 inch RE lift but I came across this on a website.

http://www.fullsizexjgear.com/Tomken/XJ%20Parts%20and%20Kits/XJ%20Parts%20and%20Kits.htm

I've never neard of them and I think 6 inches might be too much. I don't want to go too big since that would require (from what I understand) allot of axle work. I was originally thinking of 33's but I would go with 35's if I could do it by just changing my gears. Whats everyone think?

Personally I'd Get it.

I run 33's on around ~4"s of lift and for me its not enough, Im adding spacers and a bastard pack to get to about 5.5"s so I can run 35's.

I was originally thinking of 33's but I would go with 35's if I could do it by just changing my gears. Whats everyone think?

Depends on if you have the 8.25 or not. if you do, regear to 4.55 and run it. if not then get one.

you said you were in the military.
so i say you keep it as it is or add an inch or so.
if youre gone then 6 inches with 33s/35s is overkill if you wont be able to play with it.
AND since you say its flat there then you dont need a huge lift.
a 3-4" lift with 32s to plenty if youre on flat terrain.
keep it low and trim/bumpstop and you should be fine.
why waste money if you wont be able to use it?

atreyuBLUEXJ said:
you said you were in the military.
so i say you keep it as it is or add an inch or so.
if youre gone then 6 inches with 33s/35s is overkill if you wont be able to play with it.
AND since you say its flat there then you dont need a huge lift.
a 3-4" lift with 32s to plenty if youre on flat terrain.
keep it low and trim/bumpstop and you should be fine.
why waste money if you wont be able to use it?

I heard Traction Control had a good 3.5 inch lift and with cut fenders I could run 33's fine with only having to change my grears. That would keep the cost down as well. Anyone seen or used this kit?

Back