• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should my lift vary b/c of terrain???

gone postal

NAXJA Forum User
As of right now, my trail rig is a bone stock '91 4x4. I want to lift it about 4 inches, lock the axles and mount 33x10.50 tires on it. What I'm curious about is if lifts should vary depending on the terrain you mostly wheel on. Living in FL, it's mostly sand and mud. No rocks and this isn't a desert, so I'm not doing 60 and jumping dunes. So, I'm thinking that I may do the S-10/Dakota rear leafs and the F150 coils w/ a 1" spacer. I know that the rear will be flexy, but the Ford coils are known to be harsh riding. Should that matter for my wheeling? Is there a benefit for me to have a flexy front-end too? Obviously if I were on rocks, I'd get long arms, flexy coils and hack the fenders to keep a low center of gravity, but for mud?!? Just wanted some opinions...I'm relatively new to wheelin' and around here it's mostly Chevys and Fords and they're all lifted a lil and have the largest mud terrain they can squeeze on which is what made me curious in the first place. Most guys here can't flex 2" without major rubbing.

Nothing but mud around here too. Having said that I am soon going to long arms because of ride harshness. Short arms can be damn flexy (see my avatar) If you are going to drive the jeep on the road much I reccomend long arms or drop brackets for ride quality improvement. My jeep is at roughly 5-6 inches of lift now and my road manners suck, granted It wasn't too bad at first, but everything is wearing out quickly and it gets bad fast.

i live in fl too i have an 8 inch lift i like haveing flex i run 36 boggers its nice when you come to large hills and irrigation lines

i found that when you get stuck down here its from highcentering out so a high frame clearence is nice. there are no good rocks here so a high cog isnt as important as the guys rock crawling
flex2.jpg

flex.jpg

i dont have my tires on in these pics

Back