• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full size spare

Gnat5680

NAXJA Forum User
OK so i will be getting a full size spare soon but i still have the stock bumber(thus why im in oem) is there a way to get a 30" spare in the tire holder on the left side of the cargo area?

Thanks!

romove the lower L bracket that bolts to the floor and the inner quarter panel. Use the bolt that comes from the wall to insert into a lug hole, then bolt it down. I hold a 31" in its spot.

Ben H said:
romove the lower L bracket that bolts to the floor and the inner quarter panel. Use the bolt that comes from the wall to insert into a lug hole, then bolt it down. I hold a 31" in its spot.
x2. You can also use rachet straps attached to the tie downs on the tub to hold the tire flat in the cargo space.

Ben H said:

dont you have to release the seat-back latch on that side? i could not get a 31 there in my 90 or my 99 XJ... kids ride in the back seat. the seat needs to be fully latched or the tire goes somewhere else.. a 31 will lay flat on the cargo floor, just tie it down with ratcht straps..

I have a 31x10.5 in the stock location with the L-bracket removed. Rear seat latches no problem. However, its a no-name all terrain for a spare, not a mud tire, so I wouldn't be surprised it it measures a lil less than 31". That could make the difference on if your spare will fit there or not.

When I'm not using my Surco Rack I can fit my Goodyear Wrangler GSA's(30"x9.5") in the stock location w/o needing to take out the L-bracket. I just had to fool around with the bolt that comes through to hold it to the side. No problems with the seat latching.

Back