• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pigtail

jeepcherokeeboy4

NAXJA Forum User
ive got offroad lights that me and my dad are trying to hook up to the factory fog light switch which we just bought. I have a1997 jeep cherokee. I have the relays and fuses and the pigtail for it. We hooked up the pigtail to the switch but the only wire that shows any current is this orange one. We cant find the wires from the pigtail to the under hood area does anyone know where or what color they are. what do I need to splice my kc lites into it to work? We are so stumped. there is an orange a black a violet and a light blue wire that we can see in the pigtail.

dont they come with full wire sets. there should be no need to splice, just remove all the wires from the switch and hook the new ones up to the back of the switch. ground the negatives (i did it under where the fender and the engine bay meet on the top side of the engine bay) run the relay to the fuse box, then run the positive input and output to the switch. not sure but you may have to ground the switch too.

well the problem is the power light for the switch doesnt turn on. Also we cant find the wiring for the fog lights under the hood, how else would I be able to wire up my kc lights to it so I can use the stock switch on my 1997 jeep? We are using the existing wiring for the aux fog lights that I didnt have on my jeep Im just using that wiring so I can use the stock switch

one is going to be a backlight power (orange typically) so that leaves you with violet and blue, one being power into the switch and the other being power out to the lights, but keep in mind there will only be power there with the headlights on low beam since there is a relay to cut out the fog lights with hi beam

If your XJ didn't come with fog lights from the factory then all the wiring is NOT there. However there is enough to do what your wanting. The factory wiring goes to the PDC under the hood, but if you didn't have factory fogs then there is no termanals in it for the relays. If you take the PDC apart you should be able to find the switch side of the wiring harness inside along with the plug side too. I would use the factory switch wiring to run the relay then use the KC wiring after that. Like it was noted earlier the factory switch only has power when the low beam lights are on. If you are good enough with wiring it wouldn't be to hard to change it to only operate on the high beam circut (to be leagle with driving lights). The sorce comes from the high low beam switch under the dash.

Back