• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ive got the vibes!!

JEEPTUBE

NAXJA Forum User
Just had my rear 8.25 re-geared to 4.56. I took it off, sent it in, got it back, put it back in. Drove down the road and at about 45 or 50 started to feel some vibration coming from what feels like my driveshaft. But i have a SYE kit on it so i dont know why it would be my driveshaft.
A friend of mine said to get it reallighned. But why?
I only took the rear end off the leaf springs? There is no adjustment back there except shims for pinion angle.
I wonder if it could be the actual rear end?
It better not that regearing raped my wallet!!!

Yah the u bolts are tight. Can u over tighten them and make it vibrate?
About the pinion bearing, is that the only thing in the housing that can make it vibrate?

Also it could be a driveshaft out of balance. Because your driveshaft is turning that much faster. When I went to 4.56's I had a drone(vib) at 55. Turned out the be my front driveshaft. Put in adj upper/lower control arms to get a perfect pinion angle. It helped quite a bit, but I still get a drone at 70 mph. And I get the same drone when I use my front shaft as a rear. But my TW shaft is perfectly quiet.

Your driveshaft is turning 3000 rpms at 70. wouldn't take to much to be out of balance.

These are just my opinions and experiences.

Back