• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Semi Metallic vs Ceramic

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
Just replaced my 29k Raybestos Semi Metallic's with their Quiet Stop Ceramic front pads on uncut 28k "recall" rotors any suggestions on what I can expect besides less dust. I wanted to put another set of Semi Metallics on but those seem to have been disco'd at the two places around here that carry that brand and only carry organic and Q/S Ceramic (at about $75 for the front set:shocked: , luckily the second place had them on sale for $53party1: )

I've heard that the ceramics are harder on the rotors, but I've got no personal experience to back that up.

I have ceramics on my jeep and my car, Mom's car, brother runs them on his truck! Love them! Stop better, less mess, last longer. Never had an issue with the rotors either. So far the expense has been made up by the length of service.

That is my experience.

Glen

I run ceramic pads and the cheap rotors. Ceramix brand I think.

Don't notice excessive wear of the rotors very little wear of the pads and there is absolutely no dust.

Stopping performance is about the same though.

Funny, I just did the same pad change. I am running Bosch rotors, and the Raybestos Semi's squealed regardless of what I did to them. I switched to their ceramics and all is quiet.

Back