• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hidden hook

jayuu

NAXJA Forum User
i never liked the whole upside down tow hook hanging on the bottom of the bumper so i made my own setup.
Picture322.jpg

Picture324.jpg

any thing you like/ dislike? other than i should've cut my hole in bumper better, and tied the steering box brace to the farther back open hole.

Just at first glance....that hole is way to small. The strap may chafe on the sharp edges....I would not hook to it. Looks way to easy to lose a strap, or flesh.

Rev

besides being ugly, it looks like it would chew up a strap over time. do you really think that looks more hidden or better than hanging below the bumper??

cut it a little bigger, line the edges with some rubber, and use it. if you like the look... that's your call.

ive dragged the bottom of the bumper over stuff more than a few times, where im sure the hook would of got me stuck, so yes. it may not look as good but since when was offroading about looks? it wont hang up on stuff. and i plan on making the hole bigger and rounded out/ smooth tomorrow. the neighbors dont like me grinding after 10.

anything else?

I like the idea. Just a smoother cut on the opening would help, also a bit larger. You are headed in the right direction :)

hadfield4wd said:
Use and air chisel at midnight, then the grinding at 10 won't seem so bad.

X2, sometimes you just gotta train the neighbors right or they become a PIA...
Last 4th of july they griped about the firecrackers so I brought out the 2" mortars, problem solved..

dremel is your friend.

well i took your advice, except for the air chisel at midnight, and this is how it looks now. way better if i do say so myself. also my bumper went on a diet.

Picture331.jpg

Picture329.jpg

sounds like only one way to find out!!
time to get stuck!!!
*EDIT*
by the way, looks really good there! may try it on my chewed up bumper i have.

Back