• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need two spare D35 axle shafts?

cjohnson

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to set myself up since I'm not going to be adding bigger axles any time soon.

Thanks!

Is it locked? Yes if not I'd say no but have a set at the house... lol!

If it's the older non-C-clip D35 you can carry just the shorter one and it will work on both sides. If you have a C-clip axle it seems to me you would need the exact length so you can install the C-clip, but I've been fortunate enough to never have dealt with c-clip axles, so I could be wrong.

Yes, sorry I wan't too clear...I'm tryin to figure out if one C-clip axle shaft is the same as the other on a D35. I have one and they look to be the same lengths.

It's not locked, but has a limited slip

1996 2door. 4.56 gears 33" tires.

cjohnson said:
Yes, sorry I wan't too clear...I'm tryin to figure out if one C-clip axle shaft is the same as the other on a D35. I have one and they look to be the same lengths.

It's not locked, but has a limited slip

1996 2door. 4.56 gears 33" tires.
well if you have them, measure. if they're the same you only need one. if they are different lengths it will probably only be by a little, so don't just eye-ball it.

Back