• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doetsch (sp?) D3000 shocks

Great all around shock. I have them on the rear of mine. Have lasted for three years. They work fine. I do have RS9000x's up front. But for starters they are fine. Juice

I concur; they are a pretty good shock. I've had them on my XJ for about two years now with a 2" Budget Boost and thought well enough of them that I bought them for my 4.5" lift as well

I am currently running them...have had issues with the white finish on them (look like hell after only being on since Jan).

DPG has had some issues of them blowing out, though we haven't had that issue yet.

Good controlled ride.

RJ

Well, the white paint is sort of ummm....missing on the front (sand-blasted) surfaces, but that hasn't changed the performance. The only ones who get to see that view are the rabbits in the middle of the road...

Count me as another vote for them. I am running them on mine and they are a great all around shock. What size lift are you looking for? I have a new set for a 3 to 4.5 inch lift if you are intrested. If so, let me know.
Tylor

Another plug for DT shocks! I use to run the ProCrap (Procomp 9000) shocks and they're stiff as hell. Switch over to the Doest. and never looked back for both on and off-road driving. :thumbup:

I have the ProComp ES-3000 shocks with a Skyjacker 3" lift. had this setup for more than 3 years and am finally getting fed up with the stiff ride on road. How do the DT 3000 shocks compare in terms of stifness to these? I haven't had much time lately to really abuse the Jeep off-road, so would like a softer on-road ride. Would these be the best choice? What retailer typically stocks these shocks and specifically what part number should I get for a '98 XJ with 3" lift? Thanks for your help.

Rubicon carries these shocks, they that the part numbers based on lift size. They are a great riding shock for the daily driver, I had mine for many years with a lot of highway driving. A lot softer than Pro Comp and RS5000's. you can also order from Doetsch Tech. Don't know the web site but I know they take pay pal. Juice

Thanks for the reply, but do any chain autoparts stores carry these? I kinda wanted to try to do the swap today. And I didn't quite catch waht you were trying to say in your first sentence about the part number.

3284 front #
3231 rear #

That is off of the Doetsch Tech web for Jeep applications. I don't think any auto part chain stores carry them. But your local shop might have them in stock, but with it being sunday I doubt it.

http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/

Juice

How do these compare to the Monroe Reflex shocks in terms of ride quality? And will I sacrifice much off-road by using the Monroes?

I couldn't tell ya about those shocks. I did have them in my Bronco 2 many years ago, but don't really recall how they rode. I didn't do any wheeling in the Bronco, to top heavy for me so I sold it for an XJ. Give them a shot, or order the Doetsch shocks. Juice

Back