• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear/Locker Installer in CO or NM???

tubbinator

NAXJA Forum User
I have a `99 I'd like to have regeared (D30/C8.25) and have lockers installed. Anyone know of any installers they recommend in the Pueblo or CO Springs areas? I live in Raton NM so someone in Santa Fe, NM would be fine too.

TIA,
Tubbs

Ask this question in the Colorado Forum section. I'm in the Springs, but regeared myself. Don't know anyone of the top of my head that everyone goes to besides Predator. You will get an answer.

Predator 4WD is a well established shop in the Springs. I haven't had them do any work for me, but know a couple of people that have had some gears and ARBs done. I have no personal experience, but have never heard anything bad. Take that for what it is worth.

tubbinator said:
No one can recommend a gear/locker installer in SO CO????
I can. Kenny, Woodland Park, CO. Too bad I don't have his number any more.

Go to an auto parts store and talk your way into the local auto-enthusiast community unless you want a shop to take care of it. Predator will charge perhaps $1000 for 2 axles with 2 arb lockers under the jeep.

Most people fail to realize how small Raton is and how far it is from much of anything. As far as I can tell there is no "enthusiast community" here to speak of. Based on the lack of feedback I'm getting from this and other forums I'm leaning toward just biting the bullet and installing myself. I didn't want to take the time to do that but it's looking like the more viable option.

It only took me 1 trip to an auto parts store in the Springs to get some contacts. Not the Trinidad kind.
edit: sorry, there is no tech to these posts.

Last edited:
Back