• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

damn bumpstops

DansGreyMj

NAXJA Forum User
the other day i was try to get some coil spacers on and i finally got the coil off but the stupid bumpstop wouldnt come off i tried pulling it in every direction i was so frustrated that i was very close to cutting them off, whats the easiest way to get them off

LOWTECH said:
You know only the rubber part comes off?

yeah i know then the cup that holds them is bolted on, i tried pulling and twisting, and now that i thnk of it i hope when the PO got the lift installed, they didnt glue them on or anything

DansGreyMj said:
the other day i was try to get some coil spacers on and i finally got the coil off but the stupid bumpstop wouldnt come off i tried pulling it in every direction i was so frustrated that i was very close to cutting them off, whats the easiest way to get them off
They unscrew. Water pump pliers works well.

General rule of thumb is that older model XJ bumpstops unscrew... Late model ones just pull off with a twist...

Yep, second the Channel Locks , got a giant one from Harbor Freight just to grip the steel bumpstop cups enough to rotate them off my 88.

Back