• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!

bam

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced the clutch fan and thought the high temps were fixed. But the weather warmed back up to the upper 90's and XJ heated up as well. Again it seems to be when driving up hills, and once it's hot it stays HOT!

I've checked the resistance of the new clutch fan, it is the same as my original one I took off, lots of resistance when cold and little resistance when hot.

Any other thoughts?

ok... how is your radiator? is it old? has it been flushed? how does the coolant look? Might be time to replace it or get it rodded..... also what about the t-stat? is it good? bad? old? When have you replaced it????
Also how's the radiator cleanliness???? It might have a lot of crap stuck in it, just take a hose and wash it from inside (engine bay) out.....

Kejtar

My waterpump recently went out, so I had it replaced along with the t-stat and a radiator flush.

It had started to run hot, but after my waterpump blew a seal I figured it would be back to norm. Instead it still running away above normal on 100 degree days. On cooler days it seems to be fine.

Did you check to verify that you got the correct water pump?

yes, there are 2 different belt rotations on xj's and if you got the wrong one then that would be your problem

Thanks,

I was hoping not to here that. It may be my problem. I'll look into this weekend.

Back