• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys 6.5" leafs

AKswampheep

NAXJA Forum User
Im running a 6.5" rustys leaf with stock shackles.. i was wondering if there was something wrong with this or am i going to have to buy boomerang shackles and run them backwards, or maybe even cut out part of the little shackle box in the rear, because when im barely drooping the rear end, the shackle "bottoms out" and hits the front part of the box..

The bigger your leaf springs the stiffer everything is, the reason for not much droop. You are better off running 4.5" springs with shackles to get better flex. The stock shackles dont help either.

did you ever run the springs with stock shackles? because i just took a drive down the road and normal driving on rough bumpy roads i can hear them "bottoming" if i hang my head out the window

AKswampheep said:
did you ever run the springs with stock shackles? because i just took a drive down the road and normal driving on rough bumpy roads i can hear them "bottoming" if i hang my head out the window
no i ran them with RE 1.25's at first., my RK's are non greasable and a little noisy, nothing big

Back