• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Misfire, Plug Wires?

kemarsh

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 HO 4.0L I have replaced the plugs (champion Truck Plugs) wires,coil(MSD),cap and rotor. I still have the miss. I was looking at prevous threads and saw that the coil to distributor HT wire has to be stock resistance. What is stock resistance for this wire on a 92 HO. I have about 3.5K and my wires are (Prospark) they say there stock replacement but I think my computer may be getting noise from these wires.

You should start by checking compression in all cylinders to help rule out mechanical problems. If the spark is good, trace all vaccum lines and inspect for leaks, is the cap and rotor in good shape? Are you getting a "check engine" light in the dash? Another good bet could be the injectors having issues or wacky fuel pressure. How many miles are on your rig and what else have you checked/replaced so far? Good luck.

I'd go back to stock coil, and wires and copper core plugs. See what happens then. If it doesn't skip with OEM stuff, I'd say take a look at the MSD and Pro??? wires.

do you know what cylinder has the problem? If not, find out then we can help you diagnose the problem. Is the problem a dead cylinder or does the engine miss only at idle? Make sure the spark plug wires and injector wires and making a good connection. With the engine running, wiggle the injector wires to see if that changes anything. I assume you have the firing order correct, right.

Rob

Back