• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SPEEDO GEAR MADNESS!!!!!

JEEPTUBE

NAXJA Forum User
Hi i am trying to find out what tooth number i need on my speedogear. I have a 1992 XJ with a 231 t-case. I am assuming it is the long shaft type.
I have 33 with 4.56. And yes it is an automatic trans.
Is it a 36 or 39 tooth gear and what are the part numbers?
I called 4wheel parts and they said 36 tooth i called the dealer they said 39 tooth and i called rubicon express and they said 36 and then i looked at the gear chart and it says 39. What to do.

So its the 39 tooth gear. Why do u think all the 4wheeldrive shops said 36 and the chart and the dealer said 39? weird, u think it would be the other way around especially with Rubicon Express.

JEEPTUBE said:
So its the 39 tooth gear. Why do u think all the 4wheeldrive shops said 36 and the chart and the dealer said 39? weird, u think it would be the other way around especially with Rubicon Express.

I do all my own research first before asking ANY 4x4 place. I have the part number ready and tell them what I want. Shops have to deal with toyotas, chevys, fords, and jeeps so specifics get blurred.

Back