• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C parts - O'Reilly, NAPA, AutoZone, other?

mikejwil

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have experience with the compressor, accumulator/drier, and expansion valve sold by these guys? I'm fairly certain I'll be tearing into the A/C system soon (vehicle details below). Just want to make sure I use quality parts.

Thanks!

amazingly this is a part that they all sale the same parts be it autozoo or a 1st tier company like napa... all are 4seasons / factory air a div of Standard Motor.. the thing is autozoo and them make you buy every part to get a warranty not just one ie: your comp fails they want u to get an expansion valve, dryer even flush kit... now the real best place to buy them is rockauto.com much cheaper and fast cheap shipping

Not to push rockauto but they want 304 for the compressor for a reman or $325.89 for a new oen GO WITH THE NEW reman comps suck 31 bucks for the expansion valve and 38 bucks for the reciver dryer .. so 394 for it all and no core charge... advance wants 403 new for the comp 51 for the dryer and 29 for the expansion valve 158 bucks savings

Thanks for the replies. Probably gonna go with O'Reilly (Murray branded). I would prefer to buy local on this type of thing.

EDIT - as posted above, the O'Reilly is the same as the NAPA one. Model #SD709. That's Sanden, correct?

Last edited:
It's a sanden and regardless of who sales it as long as its new its still a sanden...

AutoZone lists Visteon as the brand, which looks to be a separate manufacturer (www.visteon.com) than Sanden. I'm thinking that Sanden is probably better then Visteon since NAPA sells it... Does anyone know anything good or bad about Visteon? Thanks.

Visteon is to ford what delphi was to GM its still a Sanden compressor... no matter who buy it from... Visteon reboxes it in their box but doesnt build it.. .

Hmmm.... Maybe I'll have to hit AutoZone up after all. They have a new one listed for $354 (only $38 more than the O'Reilly reman). It says "online only", but maybe the store can get it too.

They also have an AC_PARTS reman listed as "online only" and it is only $229. Who the heck makes that one? Maybe my local "autozoners" can cross reference these...

Thanks again.

I wouldnt go reman at all on this one ... if you can get the autozoo visteon new one for that price go for it....

Back