• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 cross pin bolt?

jragan

NAXJA Forum User
Was looking at putting a EZ Locker I had laying around in a buddy's jeep. When removing the diff cover we say there was not cross pin bolt. Looks like a expansion pin was put in place of the bolt. Thought we might be able to get a screw in it and use a puller to pull it, however being his daily drive he did not like this idea. Any one ever seen this? Any ideas on getting it out. I have a pic I will try posting tonight if needed.

oldre D35s had cotter pin type cross shaft retaining pins, bang it out with a center punch and put it back in with a BFH. You should make sure that the locker will fit that axle before going through all the trouble though.

That IS the cross pin...no bolt. Same on the Dana 30. Just knock it out with a punch (I had to use an old drill bit that would fit in the hole). It only comes out one way. From the backside of the ring gear towards the carrier.

Back