• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 install kit questions????

AZRockRunner

Nobody
I just got my Ford 8.8 and thanks to some input here will be regearing it to 4:56 and also welding the tubes to the housing. My question is: Do I really need to spend the 170 for the " Install kit from M.O.R.E ? It has the leaf perches and shock mounts and U-bolts, but shipped its almost 200 bones. I was wondering if anyone has had luck with either a more inexpensive kit or reusing what is there.

Thanks again.

goto the local dealer and get the mopar performance perches. They're for a 3" axle tube and they cost me $8 a set.
U-bolts are cheap to obtain locally at the parts store.
You'll need to fashion your own shock mounts, mine were on the spring plate so I didn't worry about it.

You can do it for less than $200 fer sure. I did.:D

I made my own spring plates, incorporating bumpstop plates. Freebie
Perches I used are from GreatLake Offroad they are anti-wrap and very beefy, they were $25 shipped. I did have to radius out the perches a little as they are actually for a smaller tube. Nothing a 4" grinder can't fix.
U-bolts I bought them from a local farm supply store, $30.
I did the cut/chop/rebuild thing with my old D35 shock mounts.
I used a Dodge Dakota rear brak line, I don't remember $$ on it.

Awsome, I will definatley go the cheaper route. Now for the E-Brake cable hook-up? Any part #'s there and maybe pics of your setups?

RockingAz said:
Awsome, I will definatley go the cheaper route. Now for the E-Brake cable hook-up? Any part #'s there and maybe pics of your setups?

Well, I'm no help with that.

My 8.8 has drums so everything was just a swap.

Back