• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whos is this??? (bretts shifter picture)

offroadman83

NAXJA Forum User
I know it has to be someones on here. I am gonna be getting this soon for my xj and wanna know what all you had to modify to get it in the cupholder. Anybody know who it is? I searched some but didn't find anything. Bretts shifter is sweet looking and I can't wait to get one here soon.

hopefullynewshiftersetup.jpg

offroadman83 said:
I know it has to be someones on here. I am gonna be getting this soon for my xj and wanna know what all you had to modify to get it in the cupholder. Anybody know who it is? I searched some but didn't find anything. Bretts shifter is sweet looking and I can't wait to get one here soon.

hopefullynewshiftersetup.jpg
email me ([email protected]) with your email and I'll pass it along to them

That is a sweet set-up. I was wondering what it would look like in my 98 with the 242 bezzel. Though I would contact 12volt guy and get an etched/ingraved panel with my switches and indicator light to put next to the main shifter. Brett, I wonder if the shifter, outer bezzel modified, would fit where the factory ash tray is??? the only thing that does now for me is hold the remote for the sat. radio.

CartsXJ said:
That is a sweet set-up. I was wondering what it would look like in my 98 with the 242 bezzel.

Probably a lot like the photo that was posted above, since it appears as though that transfer case is sporting a 242 shift gate ;)

Brett, I wonder if the shifter, outer bezzel modified, would fit where the factory ash tray is??? the only thing that does now for me is hold the remote for the sat. radio.

It's also where the heated seat switches go if you've got them. Incidentally, it's been a while since I've had to remove the centre console, but I seem to remember that there would be less clearance between the transmission tunnel and the top of the ashtray than the top of the cupholder.

xjwest said:
i mean does he sell the joystick shifter with the ball and the red indicators?

yes...

he does...

Back