• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

waggy D-44 brake lines...?

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to put front/rear waggy D-44's under my XJ. I need to know if the front waggy hoses will mate up to the stock XJ lines...and if they are long enough. I'm running YJ lines now and they are plenty long...but I don't know if they will bolt to the waggy calipers properly.

Also...I'm using a chevy front disc setup on the rear axle. Calipers and rotors with AA weld on brackets. Does anyone know if the chevy hoses will mate up wth the XJ hardlines on the axle? I'm thinking I'll need adapters but thought I'd check anyway.

I'm putting mine in this month also I plan to use My YJ brake lines and the Waggy bolt. If the bolt is bigger then the YJ hole I'll drill it out to fit.

The great thing I noticed about the waggy brake mounting is the hose mounts higher and closer to the knuckle. So it makes the length longer and does not move as much at full lock.

I've got YJ brake lines, that bolted right up to my Dana 44 '86 Waggy front.

I hope my YJ lines work...

I don't have any pics of the brackets...I just had the RE bracket kit welded on for simplicity...cost some $$ but this way I can keep stock style suspension.

Thats what I'm using when it finaly shows up. I'd like to see a pic of how every thing was welded on the drivers side. There's not much room there without welding to the cast.

That's how it was done. I had a friend do it who builds buggies etc for a living. I'll try and snap some pics this weekend as we're setting the gears.

Back