• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery Wont Stay Alive!

AKswampheep

NAXJA Forum User
Ive looked over plenty of things that could be the possible cause, but my batter wont stay alive for more than two days, and when it goes it completely goes dead, wont even power the buzzers. It's a brand now duralast and the last battery had this happening to it for about 3-4 months, getting tired of it not having the juice to crank the heap over, ive added Hella 500's, Cab Lights, and a stereo system.. ive unhooked all this in hope of finding the problem but no luck.. anyone have any solutions? btw its a '90 Limited

Nope, Everything that requires power is off.. i have checked tons of different things and i still cant find whats sucking the life out of the battery

Get a 12v light, disconnect the positive lead on the battery, connect the light between the battery post and the battery lead, key off and in your pocket, doors closed. If the light goes on you have a short somewhere, start pulling fuses till the light goes out and you have found the ckt and you have to track it down from there.
Initially I would pull every hot wire especially around the starter ckt, clean all the dirty grease off and clean the connectors and threaded surfaces, dirty grease/oil buildup can conduct enough to drain a battery.
It's a start anyway...

Thanks alot Rich, Ill try this today, as i have nothing else to do to the jeep right now. BTW the alternator is about 4-5 months old and works fine.. i am not currently driving the jeep because im in the process of getting the driveline done.

Back