• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

part number for engine breather hose

torfinn

NAXJA Forum User
I need the partnumber for the breather hose that goes from the front valve cover to the air filter box. I think may be it is a complete set with vacuum lines etc, as the hose goes to the plug/socket with several other vacuum lines. The rubber ends of these hoses are in very bad condition. Are there may be some other sources than the dealers?

regards
Torfinn

Might give the year of your XJ. There are different part numbers, at least between the Renix (87-90) and the HOs (91+).
Tom

The breather hose from the Cylinder Cover to the Air box are as fallows. Hope this helps.

For 4.0L Engines

97-01 # 4854180
91-96 # 53006239

Anything older and I do not have thoes numbers.
Alex.

Not sure which one you are referring to but on my '89 i replaced the large beather hose with a coolant bypass hose of similar proportions....worked great for the 5 years that i owned the XJ. I recall that the entire assembly was available at the dealers but it was fairly expensive.

Good luck,
Jay in MA

Just get some regular vacuum lines from Napa, kragen, AutoZone etc. Just measure the inside diameter of the line to get the size you need. I know that the OEM ones have those rubber connections but plain old regular vacuum lines will work. Pick up some small zip ties to use as hose clamps on all the vacuum line ends, it works great. Hope this helps.

xj-tech-88-fuel-rail-loose.jpg

It is an 89. It is the hose to the left (front) of the oil filler cap.

Regards
Torfinn

Anyone knows a part number or where I can get this part. It is the rubber part that goes into a circular hole in the valve cover, so I cant use a standard hose.

regards
Torfinn

I can use the same info for a 90xj. I need both lines that run through that clamp/bracket to the airbox. The end with the 90elbow broke and the rest were missing when I got the junk. Vac hose is no prob but need the elbow that goes into the valve cover. (and got plenty of zip ties) :)

thanx

I did the MADXJ conversion.
http://madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/JAvalveCover/ValveCover.htm

If you haven't read it yet check it out. I have a 91, the hoses for the 00 were much bigger in diameter then the one for the earlier model XJ's. Same size end pieces so they fit exactly. I had a blow-by issue until I changed all the hoses.

What I did was make a copy of the diagram at the bottom of the write-up and take it with me to the dealer. They actually matched the prices on the list, it was like $30 something total.

Back