• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Tow Hooks

anotherskait

NAXJA Forum User
Im new to jeeping and trying to get my 92 xj ready for the trails... one step at a time.

I've been told a couple times now that recovery and a cb should be the starting points on a jeep build, so I picked up a cb and c4x4 front tow hooks.

In the back, I dont have a trailer hitch or anything else...

Has anybody seen these rear towhooks? where do they mount? Are they any good? Thanks

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2...e=JAU&Product_Code=th2&Category_Code=CHEROKEE

There was a old factory mount that i got on ebay for $15 probably even cheaper if you go to the u-pull. I backed it up with 1/4 steel on the inside of both sides total cost 20 spot and it works great

click em to enlarge

I was in the same situation youre in...I wanted tow points but didn't want to lose departure and approach angles with hitches. I also think tow hooks look way better than a front hitch. I also bought the C4x4 tow hooks and they work great. On ebay I found an OEM tow hook bracket, tow hook, and hardware for like $12. I bought a nutstrip from www.chryslerpartsdirect.com for $18. I've seen the rear tow hooks posted above and I'm not really sure how strong those would be compared to the OEM bracket...which looks like its a little less than a 1/4" thick. I've pulled a full size Ford on 35"s out of a mud hole that was filling into the cab. The OEM bracket seems to be pretty strong if you can find one...I've posted on here before and never seen an OEM rear bracket fail.

I have a few pictures that I will post as soon as photobucket starts to work

that is the stock one pictured above with a new hook i just made my own backing instead of the nut strip

Heres my pics...

Reartowhook.jpg

HPIM0172.jpg

HPIM0173.jpg

Back