• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sparkplugs for Renix with H.O. engine

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
I am woundering which sparkplugs I should use in my 1987 jeep that still has the renix electronics but has a highoutput engine, and intake. Should I use the Renix spark plugs, H.O. spark plugs, or something in-between?? Thanks Josh

They're that different? I though the 242 plugs were about the same all the way up - Autolite 3924, or thereabouts...

Failing that, start with the plug that goes with the electronics you've got installed, and work outward from there. Those should be Autolite 3924 or equivalent - I've been buying those for years...

5-90

The HO plugs are a "hotter" plug than the Renix ones. They have a longer "reach" than the colder Renix plugs.

Kyung

I'll second the vote for champions. Seems like the only things I've ever owned that like Champions are my lawnmower and the MJ.

I tried a different set of plugs for my XJ and it just wouldn't run for nothing, I put in a set of champions it it was a 100% difference in how it ran.

I asked the same ? Awhile back and never got a answer . I've been running the HO plugs with my setup , gaped to renix specs .it seams to run ok . It dosent seam to be missing at higer rpms but it dose have a lope at idel .I'm geting preety crappy mileage tho . About 15mpg as of my last tank . But I have a lift and big tires .and I may need better injectors .I'm running all renix on a 99 ho engine /head and intake .
Good luck let us know what u end up running and how it works out for u .

I am running a 93 HO in my 87 Renix. I have always used the NGK Vpower FR5-1 7252 plugs, which are the only listed NGK plugs for the 93 engine. I gap them to .04 (.035 is recommended for both 87 and 93 engines), only reason I do that is because I always did that with the original engine, and it always worked.
I always figured that I should use the plugs recommended for the engine, in case they are different lengths or something.

Back