• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Tire For Off and On Road Use

Les White

NAXJA Forum User
Recently purchased '89 Cherokee with Toyo AT 235/75R15's. Please rate these tires for wet pavement, sand, light mud and occasional mild off road usages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Les

I've liked mine a lot. They are great in heavy gravel/lots of small rocks and pretty good on the rocks too. No issues with slipping at all in 4wd during the ice storm this year.

as for mud.....
its an all terrain- dont forget that. just make sure you keep them moving, and fast.
a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

progress.jpg

You got tread in that mud?:D

I'm medium-happy with the XT pattern I got at Big-O. A little more street friendly than an MT pattern. Ice is an issue for me and the MT don't stick while the XTs do. A bit more aggressive in the snow than a BFG AT, but not as noisy as an MT. Looks like its wearing better too.

Now, this is on My Toyota T-100. I'd expect similar on my Cherokee, if it were in one piece.

I run the Toyos also - just recently replaced a set of 225s with 30s. Wouldn't have done that if I didn't like how they worked.

They are an excellent tire for the DD that occasionally goes off-road, and can handle more than mild wheeling. Like JPars said, keep wheel speed up for mud - that's also worked for me. My 225s went almost 50K before I replaced them (cut a sidewall last June, and used it as an excuse to upsize).

They're on the higher end of the price range, but well worth it. What kind of shape are yours in?

Nevada City Sparky said:
I'm medium-happy with the XT pattern I got at Big-O. A little more street friendly than an MT pattern. Ice is an issue for me and the MT don't stick while the XTs do. A bit more aggressive in the snow than a BFG AT, but not as noisy as an MT. Looks like its wearing better too.

Now, this is on My Toyota T-100. I'd expect similar on my Cherokee, if it were in one piece.

great tire....had em on my yj. Got them in CO, can't find em in NY... at least not yet. They are sold in many other names too BTW, mine were actually Centenial Canyon Climbers.

Alienspecimen said:
Go to tirerack.com and find the tire. In the reviewers section you will find what you want and in addition, you can compare it to other tires.
Boris

Tirerack doesn't carry Toyo - how's he going to get information/reviews on Toyo tires there?

Back