• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj grille

I know there's a couple comanches running around with the coversion. You need the fenders, grille, head plate, and I suppose flares are optional.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/707703 comanche with 2001 front end
707703_22_full.jpg

The grille is actually not as tall on the 97+ so wont fit in. The width is also different but not by as much. A ZJ grille is actually closer in size than the 97+ to the pre 97's but also a bit short in height. I wonder of something like a Commander would be closer??

Yeah, I've actually been searchin local yards for rearended 97+'s to possibly do a conversion on my 96. But after seeeing that MJ I almost wanna get one of those and just do an MJ front end conversion. That thing looks pretty awesome IMO. I'd probablly just leave it without all the stickers tho, and try to make people believe it was produced by Jeep that way or something....ha.

OH and by the way, I can't find a yard that will take less than $800 for all the required parts to do the conversion, and some want close to twice that!!!! I'm checking around though.....so hopefully I'll find a decent price somewhere...

Last edited:
keep on searchin for the 97+ mj's were not made with that front end, that is a 97+ front facia conversion, the comcanche's front ends were more like (or identical) to that of a pre 97. so finding an MJ would just leave u were u started. ask around for the next swap meet, theres always stuff there for super cheap and always guys partin stuff out. good luck

rocklandxjer said:
mj's were not made with that front end, that is a 97+ front facia conversion, the comcanche's front ends were more like (or identical) to that of a pre 97. so finding an MJ would just leave u were u started.

please read before posting...

/sigh

woops, sorry didnt understand the post, chill out buddy, just thought he was sayin he wanted to put the front end of a comanche on his pre 97 cause the one in the pick looks good, didnt no he meant buy a whole mj and swap front ends with a 97+

Back