• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MillerMatic 175

hobart is made by miller so you can't go wrong with it.
Kind of like GMC vs. Chevy deal.

we use lincoln and miller units in our shop but we have a few hobarts for small jobs and they work just fine.

Hobart and Miller are owned by the same company. Not made by the same place yet (although this might change).

I just went through the same dilemna and decided on the Miller. For the extra few bucks I like the few nicer functions and slightly better bilt unit.

Have only used it a couple of times so far and still playing with the settings but it is soooooo much nicer than my stick!!

Michael

If you go to hobarts website and pull up a PDF on parts and #s it all has miller stuff writin all over it. The last stuff we got in was hobart in miller packaging even. Even our two contacks with buckeye and gen.air welding supply places told us all the parts come from one hub now thats why all the stuff came in miller packaging. All the little problems hobart had in the past with parts and bad build design have been gone through by miller and stuff swapped out on new model hobart stuff so problems with them have limited big time. Miller does have more options than the hobart unit does but if your learing how to weld as you go the less things to confuse you the better and you can always sell and upgrade later on down the road.

My buddy has a Millermatic 175 and its awesome, it does anything you could ask from a 120v plug.

I was just looking around for one for myself and ebay has good prices with free shipping under 6 bills

Back