• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant get knuckles back on

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
ok i have really bad death wobble right after i installed rusty's tie rod conversion steering. i pulled my drive side shaft and knuckle just to clean then, see if there was anything wrong with them and gain the experiance of knowing how to pull them and put them back.
the knuckle came off pretty easy(just some light taps with a hammer but my problem is puting it back on, why wont it go back on the tie rod end thingy's? whenever i try to screw the castle nut on the threaded part of the tie rod end just spins around, any advice as to getting it presses onto the axle?

btw its dana 30

The lower castle spins until the top castle is tight.

The tapered holes in the knuckle must be clean and dry for them to bind to the tapered ball stud.

Clean them with sandpaper, etc. to remove rust, dirt, grit, and then flush the hole with some brake cleaner or the like. Do the same to the tapered portion of the ball stud.

Then reassemble.

Back