• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dakota leaf springs on an xj??

The Search button is your friend.

But anyways, Im not sure if they fit on the newer XJ's like yours but I know they fit on older ones and the amount of lift can vary from 1.5-3.5"s.

yeah if you disassemble your leaf packs and use your main leaf on top of the dakota leafs and cut off the eyes of the dakota main leaf, you should gain about 4", that is what I gained anyway. And there is plenty on the site so it would be a good idea to do a search.

Brandon

Last edited:
works great...more of a truck like ride but its not bad...lift depends on what spring pack you get too, they all look the same IIRC but some are a little different rates...I've had about 4-4.5" when I use the whole pack with the dakota overload leaf (big thick one on the bottom) it kind of limits your flex up which is nice when you run big tires on a little lift...IIRC my friend, who bought my wifes xj with dakota leaves and 31's, later trimmed the fenders and put 33's on it

the s10 and dakota have under the axle leaf packs, so they have alot more arch to them then the xj pack. I experimented with the different leaves alot. I found that using only the second leaf down in a s10 pack and the rest of the stock xj leaves was lifting the vehicle alot 4-5 inches by itself, so i continued to cut that leaf down 2 more times until it was the same length as t he smallest xj leaf and it was the lift i wanted, but it was buckling the upper xj leaves when compressed.

I found that if i used the top s10 leaf with the ends cut off gave a solid 3in lift and supported the entire jeep leaf pack. The overload leaf on the s10 pack is as thick as a hoagie, the dakota one is thinner but not much better. I am sure you will get more than 1.5 in, but i reccomend starting with the longest dakota leaf with the ends cut off and adding that to the pack first if you dont want too much lift.

mikey mags said:
thanks...i didnt even think of checkin out an S-10 pack..thats good to know

just about anything with a 2.5" wide leafspring is gonna work, the s10 leafsprings have a 3/8 center pin hole in them, and the jeep has 5/16" if that makes any difference.

I did the S-10 Bastard pack (that was a thread) I really don't like it .. I don't think it flexes all that good .. but for 10 bucks you can't expect much

I just finished my dak pak today. I took them off a 87 dakota 4x4. the first round I put xj main, all dakota except overload, bottom xj. this got me about 4.25 which was too high for my non sye jeep. I then used xj main, cut main dakota and 3rd dakota, bottom xj. this set up gave me 3 inch on the dot. seems to ride OK.

ive been running full dakota pack and main xj leaf for years now and love it. got me around 5to 5.5 with the overload leaf.

Back