• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gearing up for Chev TREs, please doule check my part #s

cLAYH

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm getting ready to do custom inverted "T" steering using the Chev TREs. Here are the part #'s I have:

es2233L
es2234R
es2026R
es2027L

Are these the correst TREs for an inverted T setup?

Now from my research the 2233 unit is the one that has the hole in it for the steering dampner soon to be drag link?

I'm planning to buy weld in bungs from polyperformance. Am I correct that I will need all of them in 7/8-18 thread, two of them right hand and two of them left hand?

For reaming the knuckles and pitman I need to first drill them with 5/8 bit and then ream them with a 3/4 X 1.5" tapered reamer, correct?

Thanx!

I bought my reamer from Kkut (sp?) on ebay. It was top notch.

The snap-off reamer really sucks. Get the K-kut from Ebay, very nice device.

Just did a steering set up on my D44 high steer. I used ES2027L,ES2233L, and 2 ea ES2234R. Not sure about your ES2026R. Go to partsmikeparts.com, and look at his steering page. He lists what's necessary to do what you want.
Also, I used the 1-1/2" per foot reamer from XKUT to ream out my Pittman arm--worked great. Currently $47.99 plus shipping on E-bay.
The 7/8-18 is correct.

Back