• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front output seal?

jayuu

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep started making some chirping noises from under the driver seat today. also when i start from a stop or change gears i hear a clicking noise. i looked under it and it appears as if i have a front output seal leak. dirty around shaft and atf slung up in the tunnel and everywhere. is this chirping a burnt bearing? im guessing thats the scenario and if so should i rebuild the tcase or just look for a used one? 93 4.0 ax15 np231.

ok so i took off the front ds and yoke and there is alot of play in the tcase. i pulled the seal out to see if the bearing was shot and it seems good. i have about 3/8 inch forward and backward play, and updown/side to side the front of the shaft moves about 1/32 inch. it rotates about 1/4 inch of the circumfrence of the shaft. is this normal?

well i put in a new seal and tightened every thing down good and all the in/out play and side to side play is basically gone. thanks for all the help .

Back