• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Schedule and Registration info!

With this registration thing being when we get to Moab, what happens if the trail we want is full and our XJ is not capable of running any of the other trails? Are we hosed? Did we drive all that way for nothing? I don't mind coming down and meeting everybody, but I want to do a run and saturday is my only day and Kane Creek is the only trail my Jeep can run on saturday.
All my Jeep has got is 4.5" and 30's with no lockers or LSD's. Any thoughts?

JeepXJ92 said:
With this registration thing being when we get to Moab, what happens if the trail we want is full and our XJ is not capable of running any of the other trails? Are we hosed? Did we drive all that way for nothing? I don't mind coming down and meeting everybody, but I want to do a run and saturday is my only day and Kane Creek is the only trail my Jeep can run on saturday.

I think you could get away with Moab Rim.....ask the trial leader.......:D

JeepXJ92 said:

You won't have a problem, we'll add more trail runs as needed. Everyone will have plenty of opportunity to run the trails that they want. It's very difficult to predict what our attendance will be, and to predict how many runs will be needed. There really is no way to do pre-signups for trails, if the run fills up we'd have to get back to everyone who's request came in after the limit was reached, and no one has time for that. The other way to do it would be to get trail preferences from everyone who registered and then sit down and schedule everyone for which trail which day.......again, way beyond the scope of the manpower we have to pull this off.

When you get to Moab, go to Slickrock CG right away and get registered, and sign up for a run. We'll make sure everyone has a run to participate in that they're equipment can handle. You say you're only going to run on Sat, so does that mean you're arriving Friday night? You may need to go to the Senior Center since that's where we'll be for dinner on Friday evening.

I'll be there thursday night or friday morning depending on my boys teacher. I need to talk to her when school starts and see if he will let him out of class thursday and friday since he will be missing monday too. more than likely, I will be in Moab early Friday morning. I would do a run Sunday but I want to take Dyllon to all the cool stuff like delicate arch, newspaper rock and all the other stuff. I think we will be ok with making a run saturday.

Scott, your rig can handle Moab Rim and others so there will be plenty of options for you run. Please don't feel the trip isn't worth it.

Moab Rim huh..... The intimidation factor just went up! 8*)
Sounds cool. I think we'll be okiedokie. I'll go for Kane Creek and know that Moab Rim is a good second choice! Heck I may even run the Rim just to prove to everyone that it can be done with a little jeep like mine! Thanks all! See ya in Moab!

With fear like that maybe you should drive a Toyota. Just Kidding.
I do runs with toyota boys and you sound just like them. (Dont worry, we are jeepers were not going to let anything happen)

Take a deep breath and just have fun.

Throttle Boy

Just made plans to come out but want be there until Thursday Morning. I think my truck could handle Hells Revenge (never been to Moab and whenever I think I get in trouble). Is that a popular trail? i.e. filled with participants by the time I get there.

By the way:
88 xj
4.5 inch lift
32x11.5
dana 44 rear Arb
dana 30 front Open
Skip Plates
Various motor upgrades
Only Concern - stock bumpers (no tow points)

From the bylaws:

All vehicles must have the following equipment to attend the off road portion NAXJA sponsored Events

Legally required automobile insurance and registration;

Fire extinguisher;

First Aid Kit;

Tow Rope (no metal hooks allowed), Tow Chain, or Winch;

Safety belts;

Spare tire, jack, and lug wrench;

Hooks both front and rear (or suitable attaching point)

CB (HIGHLY recommended, but not mandatory)

I don't want to rain on your parade, but they are fairly strict about this as it's the bare minimum for responsible 4 wheelin'.

Sean

Hey Mark,
You still have plenty of time to get some tow points on that thing.
Just do it :eek:
Crunch

Tow Points

Anyone got a quick remedy for tow points without getting a bumper that I can do in a months time?

Back