• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D60 swap question

CNew

NAXJA Forum User
Hi - I was doing some measuring and found that if I move my spring pearches on my D60 to get the axel centered, my driveshaft will be roughly 7/8" farther to the driverside of the jeep than the existing D35 measures. Question is if this is small enough of a change to ignore?

Is your D60 from a Dodge van? They used offset pinions. I wouldn't run it with the pinion offset that much. Find a D60 from a mid 80s Dodge 3/4ton. The pinion will be centered and the spring perches will be the correct width for your leafs.

I'm running a rear D60 from an '86 Dodge 3/4ton and the perches lined and the pinion is centered.

cLAYH said:
I'm running a rear D60 from an '86 Dodge 3/4ton and the perches lined and the pinion is centered.

Wait - my D35 is offset to the passenger side 1 3/8" from center of axel to wms not centered (or are you saying centered as in lined up with the tcase?). There is 2 3/4" difference between the short tube and long tube. All I am asking is if I use this axel as is except remount the spring percehes - my pinon wiil be 7/8" further toward the driver side. With a SYE and new drive shaft, will this even be an issue?

I would not worry about the offset that is that small! I run a suzuki with a toy rear in it we're talking like 6"+ offset with no problems. That is also with about 20 inches less wheelbase. Run it dont be afraid.

smilesyota said:
I would not worry about the offset that is that small! I run a suzuki with a toy rear in it we're talking like 6"+ offset with no problems. That is also with about 20 inches less wheelbase. Run it dont be afraid.

After searching - I think that is the plan.

Thanks

It won't matter.......run it.

Back