• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj 8.8 swap

camoxj93

NAXJA Forum User
hello people, i have available to get either a 8.8 out of a lincoln with disc brakes but it is 28 spline. the other one is a 8.8 31 spline out of an explorer but with drum brakes. which one would be better? is a31 spline alot stronger?

camoxj93 said:
hello people, i have available to get either a 8.8 out of a lincoln with disc brakes but it is 28 spline. the other one is a 8.8 31 spline out of an explorer but with drum brakes. which one would be better? is a31 spline alot stronger?

31 is quite a bit stronger. i'd go for the 31 spline, becuase i think the drums on the explorer are still a tad bigger than the XJ's

i was assuming your talking about the 96+ to like 01 explorers with disc. But actually some came in 3.73 and mabye 3.55. sorry

Last edited:
skyjackedxj96 said:
i was assuming your talking about the 96+ to like 01 explorers with 4.11 and disc. now i just read some had 3.55 and 3.73.
at least you proved yourself wrong...and I already knew that lol...hahahaha

haha damit you quoated me before i edited. if you knew then you would have corrected me no?

skyjackedxj96 said:
haha damit you quoated me before i edited. if you knew then you would have corrected me no?
I dunno...Probably, just to seem like I was better than sky, LOL....In a great mood bud...I love getting angry...fixes everything.

So I was late to really reading what you said...lol

Back