• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolent system

jeeperjack

NAXJA Forum User
Please stick with me, I cant name all the parts so I will try to discribe them. The hose(about 2 inches in diameter) that runs over what i think is the A/C compressor that goes from the radiator to the front of my engine block sprung a leak. so I replaced it, where there used to be antifreeze in the hose I replaced there is now air, the question i have is will the air be a probblem or will it not matter? if it does how can i get the air out? i havent run my jeep yet. btw it is a 93 cherokee country. thankyou for any input. the hose is sort of U shaped.

That would be your upper radiator hose - and air in there is a problem.

Get a gallon of anti-freeze and a gallon of purified, distilled, or reverse-osmosis filtered water. Mix the two - you'll end up with two gallons of coolant.

Remove the radiator cap, top off the radiator. Leave the cap off, and start your engine. Let it idle.

Keep an eye on the fluid level in the radiator, if it drops, top of with your coolant mix (POUR SLOWLY!) Once the fluid level is stable (should end up just under the fill neck lip,) you can kill the engine, put the radiator cap on, and drive normally.

Check fluid level again after about two days, top off as necessary.

5-90

Back