• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would you do now?

GoliathJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
First off. 1997 Cherokee Sport 4-dr

Mods already done

Rebuilt Motor-4.6 Liter Stroker
99+ ZJ Intake Manifold
New Poly bushings all the way around
Upgraded audio components
aluminum wheels
hood louvers
steering box brace
new front steel crossmember
front bumper with winch
dual batteries w/ selector
tranny cooler
aux oil cooler

Where should I go from here? A lot of the things I have done were not because I needed to, it was mainly a "while I was there" I don't do a whole lot of crawling since there isnt many places to go. But I do a ton a mud riding/racing and hillclimbing. Where should I go now? The tires I am currently running are the 31" all terrains that the previous owner installed. I sold some of my other vehicles ('78 chev 4x4, '90 mustang 5.0) So now I have decided to devote all the money from sold cars to my cherokee (daily driver) I have a little over $5,000. So what do you suggest?

GoliathJeeper said:
First off. 1997 Cherokee Sport 4-dr

Mods already done

Rebuilt Motor-4.6 Liter Stroker
99+ ZJ Intake Manifold
New Poly bushings all the way around
Upgraded audio components
aluminum wheels
hood louvers
steering box brace
new front steel crossmember
front bumper with winch
dual batteries w/ selector
tranny cooler
aux oil cooler

Where should I go from here? A lot of the things I have done were not because I needed to, it was mainly a "while I was there" I don't do a whole lot of crawling since there isnt many places to go. But I do a ton a mud riding/racing and hillclimbing. Where should I go now? The tires I am currently running are the 31" all terrains that the previous owner installed. I sold some of my other vehicles ('78 chev 4x4, '90 mustang 5.0) So now I have decided to devote all the money from sold cars to my cherokee (daily driver) I have a little over $5,000. So what do you suggest?

If its your DD and you don't do much crawling. 2.5" OME lift, 4.10s, LSDs, some underbody armor and call it good...........:thumbup:

Buy some tools to start making and fixing things your self. Almost every tool I've bought paid for it's self in the first use.

Labor = Approx 50 and hour

bigwhitey said:
Buy some tools to start making and fixing things your self. Almost every tool I've bought paid for it's self in the first use.

Labor = Approx 50 and hour

I nominate for quote of the frickin year

91 Jeep Project said:
If its your DD and you don't do much crawling. 2.5" OME lift, 4.10s, LSDs, some underbody armor and call it good...........:thumbup:

X2. Except I would go with a cheaper lift. Like RE.

Since you're in Louisiana, I assume it's pretty muddy. Most all-terrains aren't THAT great in mud. So my next obvious statement is check out some 31's mud terrains..BFGs, Dunlop mud rovers, etc etc.

Chris

Thanks for the inputs. As far as tools go, I have everything anyone could need. I haven't had to buy a tool in the last few years. I am still working on my small collection of fabrication supplies. (hydraulic tubing bender, press brake, mill, lathe) So that's unneeded at the moment. My mom used to have a wrangler with an RE lift on it. I didn';t care a whole lot for it. Not a fun install and just the same ride quality as stock (poor) As far as tires are concerned I don't really want to go a whole lot bigger right now. I really like the way my XJ handles with the setup I have now and I know I wont be able to take turns with as much confidence and speed as I would with even a small lift. So the body armor sounds like a good idea. I can build most of that out of sheetmetal. Right now I am working on a set of nerf bars, rocker protectors. So has anyone got some good prints on any body armor they made?

Go down to the local parts store and start a fight with them and kick their arses till they give it all up! :shocked:

JK... Skids and Mudders

Back