• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DC4WD or PORC SYE

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a couple (one for a spare) of front shafts (1/2 price day at the local pick-a-part....$28 for the pair in excellent shape!) for my impending SYE conversion. My question: PORC and DC4WD both have great deals on their SYEs, is one better than the other or are they identical, will the front shaft work with the DC4WD kit without lengthening also?-------Hans

We just did 5 from DC they are great.
The front ds from my 97 would not work though to short.

gixer said:
We just did 5 from DC they are great.
The front ds from my 97 would not work though to short.
Did the front shaft from your '97 come from an auto or manual trans equipped rig?-----Hans

I sure would like to get a definite answer on this one. On a side note, I had my spare early Bronco rear shaft next to the XJ front shaft and aside from the Bronco shaft being longer and having bigger tubing it looks like it would bolt in place of the XJ shaft so, if you're looking for a beefy CV shaft for your XJ (for cheap?) keep your eyes open for an early Bronco shaft... lol! Yeah right, like you'd be tripping over them at the local pick-a-part-----Hans

Oatmeal said:
I sure would like to get a definite answer on this one. On a side note, I had my spare early Bronco rear shaft next to the XJ front shaft and aside from the Bronco shaft being longer and having bigger tubing it looks like it would bolt in place of the XJ shaft so, if you're looking for a beefy CV shaft for your XJ (for cheap?) keep your eyes open for an early Bronco shaft... lol! Yeah right, like you'd be tripping over them at the local pick-a-part-----Hans

What different answer are you looking for??

gixer said:
What different answer are you looking for??
So, if the front shaft off of your '97 auto ended up too short then, the DC4WD SYE must end up shorter than the PORC kit? If that's the case, then I guess I'll being looking at getting the PORC SYE because, I would like to be able to use a stock front shaft for easier replacements. Thanks----Hans

Oatmeal said:
So, if the front shaft off of your '97 auto ended up too short then, the DC4WD SYE must end up shorter than the PORC kit? If that's the case, then I guess I'll being looking at getting the PORC SYE because, I would like to be able to use a stock front shaft for easier replacements. Thanks----Hans

I have the extreem short shaft kit.

muddshutter said:
Go with DC, he is a GREAT guy and will stand behind his products. I know him well and he runs a GREAT business. Go DC4WD.

Yes he stands behind them by telling you to call the company who makes the product thats about all.

Back