• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Driveline Issue

xjchris98

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been noticing some weird "bang" in my driveline. After I come to a complete stop...then go to pull out theres a weird "clanking" feel. If feels almost as though I'm putting the jeep into drive right as I go to pull out. I guess you could see it seems as though the driveline has to spin a hair before it catches gear and moves. Btw, its the AW4 tranny behind the 4.0 and 231 transfer case. Any suggestions as to what this is? Thanks in Advance.

Not sure if it's the same, but mine tends to act like something is catching, then when I move forward just a little, the rear end acts like it drops a tiny bit... I think mine is wear inside the slip joint on the driveshaft and when I stop, it catches on that edge. Then when I take off, it pops past it just a little... I'm not sure, but I have over 100K on the drive shaft slip joint. I have the SYE, so if you don't have that, it may be somewhere else.

Nope, no SYE for me...Shes only got 84K on her, I got another 2000miles left on my powertrain warranty, so if somethings gonna crap the bed, I hope it happens quick.

Check motor and trans mounts.

Kyung

Back