• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing a-pillar trim piece on a 2001

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
I realize that it's held in with the metal clips (already broke two on the plastic) and that it has a lip on it that goes behind the dash thus requiring partial removal of the dash.........

ok, which plastic parts of the dash do i have to take off?? how do you remove that top most long plastic part of the dash?

don't forget to remove the 'oh sh!t' bar from above the passenger window, held in by two torx screws. i actually got the whole piece out without loosening that screw on the side of the dash, but realized later it would have made it easier. just unscrew the screw on the side of the dashboard closest to the door that's all by its self. (use a small fat screw driver because a long one won't fit)

there are two screws on the floor section/kick plate area that come out that are very long but easy to get out. after you take those out, it loosens it enough to get the whole big piece out. as far as the top dash piece if you want to open that for whatever reason, a flat head screw driver will pry it off(iirc).

what are you doing, installing an overhead console or something else?

i need to make some fiberglass tweeter pods using the pillars as the mold

thanks for the help, so that top part of the dash is just held in with clips?? i figured that when i didnt see any screws, but didnt wanna risk fukcing it up

i tried on the driver's side about a week ago, removed the plastic piece below the right-most air vent and popped the clips and unhooked the rear of it from the next trim piece, but still couldn't get the a-pillar trim out.......

I don't know if you've considered mounting/molding the tweeters into the sail panels on the doors (just opposite of the side view mirrors).

^yeah, i've done that before in a previous car

i want them the farthest away possible from my ears without being in my kickpanels (i'm an audio nut)

i got the trim piece off, just had to remove the kickpanel piece and loosen the pieces of plastic around the drivers/passengers vent

easier than i thought

Back