• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37's under 8"s of lift??? Will it work???

1toughxj

NAXJA Forum User
So I have 8" of lift on a 2001 XJ. Currently, I am sitting on 35" MTR's. I wanna upgrade to 37's. I haven't trimmed much at all at this point, but I am commited to pullinig the flares and trimming to get the 37's on it. What do you guys think?? Should I get the 37's??

Ben
2001 XJ

ive seen a xj run 37's on a D30, to bad when he pulled the 30 apart the carrier was destroyed

robz95xj said:
ive seen a xj run 37's on a D30, to bad when he pulled the 30 apart the carrier was destroyed

x2... better go full width first

aint gotta be full width, just 3/4 or 1 ton. thats plenty of lift if you cut, could probably even drop it a tad if you get carried away with the cutting.

Duh!

2719237dz.jpg

I got a D44 out back with the Super 44 33 spline Detroit. I have a HPD44 in front with Yukon chromoly axles and an OX Locker. Parts Mike high steer setup up front too. 4.88 gears.

So I know it will take trimming, and I will probably prepare to put more gear into the axles...5.13's maybe. I think I will be ok, just wanted to get some opinions.

1toughxj said:
So I have 8" of lift on a 2001 XJ. Currently, I am sitting on 35" MTR's. I wanna upgrade to 37's. I haven't trimmed much at all at this point, but I am commited to pullinig the flares and trimming to get the 37's on it. What do you guys think?? Should I get the 37's??

Ben
2001 XJ

It's more how much you're willing to cut than it is the lift height. I know 35's can be run with 5.5" lift with the right cutting and properly set bumpstops. I run 37's on 7.5" and still have done quite a bit of cutting and have messed with bumpstop placement.

Why 37's? Axles are by far the biggest question, with steering next. I have pretty stout axles, and I've broken more with the 37's than I did with the 31's, 32's, 33's, and 35's combined.

I went out with some of the AZVJC guys a couple weeks ago to Martinez Canyon and realized how important clearance under the axles was in the big rocks. I have the opportunity to get rid of my 35's and get into the 37's for a couple hundred bucks and figured I would go for it.

Sounds like your saying I should stick with the 35's???

Okie Terry said:
What's the width of the axle have to do with anything?
haha. put 3 inch spacers on the 30 and itll do fine.

go with a HP44 front narrowed to run waggy shafts.

1toughxj said:
Sounds like your saying I should stick with the 35's???
yes

Does anyone know the website that has pics of Cherokee's organized by the size of tires they are running?

On my last XJ, I ran 37's under my RE 5.5" kit (6.5" actual lift) without any rubbing issues other than the LCA's. Trimming and especially bumpstops are important. My current XJ has the RE 5.5" kit with the RE 3.5" ZJ coils and well worn 4.5" leaf packs and stock shackles (5" actual lift) with 35's on 15x10's with 3.5" BS and again, not a single rubbing issue. I have tech articles on fender trimming and adjusting bumpstops on my website if that would help:
www.rocklizardfabrications.com

i'm running about 8" of lift and 36 TSL's. plenty of trimming and bump stops and no problems.

Back