• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE vs.BDS

nonnie

NAXJA Forum User
I think this is my first post...be gentle
Vehicle: 1996 XJ 2dr 4liter/5spd stock as a stone. 3:07s open 8.25, 235's
RE 6130 4.5" lift
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=185
or
BDS 4.5" kit
http://www.bds-suspension.com/suspensionsystems_2jeep.html
Both kits are availabel from my local (4 hours away) supplier. The BDS is a bit more $$ but has adjustable arms which I like for future height.Eventually a 8.8 w/4:10's and a no-slip locker, 33x10.50x15's BFG A/T's and an extra coil spacer/block and light trimming. This is my DD/Weekend worrior. I want a capable yet well mannered XJ. Thanks for the input...It is greatly appreciated.

Although I have no personal experience with BDS, one thing I like about them is their "no questions asked" warranty... only stipulation is that you are the original owner and you keep the reciept. They're pretty strict about the reciept thing. I've had a few buddies use their leaf springs (yj's) and when the springs wear out, they turn them in for a new set, at a local shop. IIRC, they're kinda stiff.

I have the BDS 3" lift on my 01 XJ love it rides nice,flexes well.
jeffs-napa.gif

e.jpg

Here's mine with the RE, OME shocks, BFG 31's and plenty of room for my 33's coming tomorrow! I sit at about 6.5" AFTER 18 months. I'd be sweating those 3.07's more than anything else. You don't want anything bigger than stock tires with that gearing lest you be spending more money later.

before.jpg

I have a 3" BDS lift. It rides great and flexes awsome. For a short arm kit you can't beat them. I'm sure RE would ride and flex just as well but if you break something you know your covered with BDS.

april3rd20060064vs.jpg

I'll give you that RE's warantee department has been a pain in the butt lately, but the 6130 is a pretty solid kit. If you go with it, upgrade to the heavy duty trackbar/bracket/brace for future expansion.

Back