• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my jeep died

Choppafella

NAXJA Forum User
alright so i was doing some wheeling in my jeep today and i decided to go into the mudpit... well i kicked up a lot of sloshy mud into my engine and it suddenly died. i towed it out and right now it turns over but wont start. any idea to what might have happened? oh yeah and the airfilter box has a crack in it so i took that apart and cleaned it out but it didnt start... so any help would be appreciated to get my xj up and running again.

Choppafella said:
alright so i was doing some wheeling in my jeep today and i decided to go into the mudpit... well i kicked up a lot of sloshy mud into my engine and it suddenly died. i towed it out and right now it turns over but wont start. any idea to what might have happened? oh yeah and the airfilter box has a crack in it so i took that apart and cleaned it out but it didnt start... so any help would be appreciated to get my xj up and running again.
Search 'hydro lock'. Don't try to start it until you've thoroughly checked it over; you could do more damage by trying to start it.

Back