• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sorry two more quickies...

radardog

NAXJA Forum User
i did a quick search, but found no conclusive answers... there is a yellow box under my steering column... this is for the cruise control only correct? it doesnt controll anything else?

and...
the box under the glove compartment, which is silver, what is that? is that the ecu?... hmm i think that is all

oh yeah, just to confirm what was said in another post, there is no check engine light in an 87 wagoneer, correct?

Boxes you may have under your steering column , cruse control, wiper delay, headlight delay your ECU. under Glove box TCU.
All that stuff and no check engine light.

The yellow box is for the cruise control.

The small silver box under the glove compartment is the TCU (tranny brain). It should be labeled "Aisin Warner."

The ECU is a much larger, flatter silver box, stuffed way up under the dash, a little left of center. It's hard to reach and hard to read the print on it, but if you do, it should say "Bendix."

No check engine light on an 87 as far as I know. At least there wasn't on mine.

ok i found the ecu, and have verified the other two components. so can i just pull the yellow box if i have no plans to run cruise, or does it have some secondary control functions?

radardog said:
ok i found the ecu, and have verified the other two components. so can i just pull the yellow box if i have no plans to run cruise, or does it have some secondary control functions?
Yes you will fall of the FBI tracking screen.

Back